- Submit your work for review via our website. Our team will get back to you with a price estimate within 48 hours (excluding holidays).
- Artsy offers multiple ways to sell: as a direct listing via Buy Now or Make Offer, via an Artsy Curated Auction, or as a private sale. Our team leverages decades of art market expertise to recommend which channel is best suited to your work.
- We will also connect you with your dedicated specialist, who will be there with you at every step to ensure clear communication and a seamless journey. Your specialist will align with you on price expectations—whether a list price or, if at auction, an estimate along with a reserve price (the lowest price at which you’re willing to sell).
- If you have not already provided high-quality images, including condition images, your specialist will request these from you. Our team will conduct any necessary due diligence on the artwork to ensure its authenticity and to accurately describe the work. We will share listing details with you before your listing goes live.
- Depending on the value of your artwork and your location, Artsy may be legally required to verify your identity, including a photo ID check. If you are selling on behalf of a business, we may be required to conduct these checks on any beneficial owners of the business.
- When selling at auction, our team of specialists, client service advisors, and marketers will conduct targeted outreach about your work to our global network of collectors prior to the auction.
- After your work sells or after the completion of an auction, you will be personally notified of the outcome and advised on next steps. For sold artworks, our logistics team will set up shipping, including pick-up, packing, customs clearance, and delivery. These expenses will be covered by the buyer.
- You’ll receive payment via wire transfer within 11 business days of the work’s delivery to the buyer.
If your work is in a category Artsy does not specialize in, it may still be a fit for one of our auction partners. In this case, your work will be anonymously shared with a small group of the world’s top auction houses. We will notify you of any offers, and only once you’ve accepted an offer, will we connect you with an auction partner.
If you have further questions about selling with Artsy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.