There are multiple reasons why an order gets canceled. In the event your order is canceled, the hold is removed from your card, and you will not be charged. Below are five reasons why you received a cancellation email from our team.
For the following scenarios your card has not been charged as the order was not confirmed:
- The gallery did not respond- This means the gallery did not respond to your offer in the 72 hour time frame. Because of this, the offer expired, and was subsequently canceled. If you’re curious if the piece is still available, please reach out to the seller via contact gallery.
- You did not respond to the counteroffer in time - This means you did not respond to the gallery’s counteroffer in the 72 hour time frame. Similarly to above, the offer expired, and was canceled. If you’re interested in the offer at the counteroffer price, please reach out to the gallery or resubmit your offer.
- Offer Not Accepted - This means the offer you sent on artwork was too low. If this is the case, we recommend reading our help center article: How to Make a Successful Offer Using Artsy’s ‘Make Offer’ Option. If you would like to proceed with purchasing the artwork you can resubmit your order at a higher price. For more information about
- Shipping not available to your Region - This means the gallery is unable to provide shipping to your region. This means the negotiation process has ended and you have not been charged.
For the following scenario your card has been refunded and the order has been canceled. Please allow 5-7 Business Days for the funds to return to your account:
- Artwork Not Available - In some very rare instances, galleries might make an error in their inventory. If this happens the gallery will alert our support team, and we will cancel and refund your order. Sometimes, the gallery will offer replacement artworks. If this is the case, our team will reach out to you with the replacements. If no replacement is offered, we recommend following the artist or creating a personalized alert to find an alternative piece for your collection.
If you’ve paid via Wire or ACH please refer to this article
If you need any extra assistance or have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com.