Our solution for helping people sell works from their collections is our Sell with Artsy program. Here's how this works:
Artsy offers multiple ways to sell: as a direct listing via our online storefront, via an Artsy Curated Auction, or as a private sale. Our team leverages decades of art market expertise to recommend which channel is best suited to your work.
- Visit our Sell with Artsy home page and click "Submit an artwork".
- Search for your artist. If an artist does not appear, we are not accepting submissions for that artist at this time.
- Provide details about the work you'd like to sell.
- Our Specialists will review whether we have a market for your artwork, generally within 1-3 business days.
- If it’s a match, we will connect you with your dedicated Specialist, who will be there with you at every step to ensure clear communication and a seamless journey. Your specialist will align with you on price expectations—whether a list price or, if at auction, an estimate along with a reserve price (the lowest price at which you’re willing to sell).
- If you have not already provided high-quality images, including condition images, your Specialist will request these from you. Our team will conduct any necessary due diligence on the artwork to ensure its authenticity and to accurately describe the work. We will share listing details with you before your listing goes live.
- Depending on the value of your artwork and your location, Artsy may be legally required to verify your identity, including a photo ID check. If you are selling on behalf of a business, we may be required to conduct these checks on any beneficial owners of the business.
- When selling with Artsy, our team of specialists, client service advisors, and marketers will conduct targeted outreach about your work to our global network of collectors prior to the auction.
- After your work sells or after the completion of an auction, you will be personally notified of the outcome and advised on next steps. For sold artworks, our logistics team will set up shipping, including pick-up, packing, customs clearance, and delivery. These expenses will be covered by the buyer.
- You’ll receive payment via wire transfer within 8 business days of the work’s delivery to the buyer.
If you have further questions about selling with Artsy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please sign in to leave a comment.