This guide illustrates the pieces of artwork metadata that appear on artwork pages. Reference this guide to familiarize yourself with Artsy's formatting and to expand your artwork cataloguing knowledge.
1. Name of Artist
2. Title of Artwork (always in Italics)
3. Year artwork was made
4. Artwork Materials
5. Artwork Dimensions
6. Artwork Classification
7. Artwork Price
8. Location of artwork, from where artwork will ship
9. Shipping price (Seller can list domestic and /or international shipping estimate)
10. Buying Mechanism
12. Seller’s locations (can be multiple locations)
13. How a buyer can reach Artsy Marketplace Support team
14. Artwork image (there is no limit to how many can be placed on single artwork)
A. About the work: More cataloging information specific to the work provided by the seller
B. Exhibition history: Notes of where the work has been displayed previously -- shows, art fairs, institutions, etc.
C. Provenance: Record of ownership, often used as a guide for authenticity
D. Seller and location of seller
E. Gallery description (provided by the seller)
F. Medium Type
G. Signature: How / where / if an artist signed the artwork
H. Certificate of Authenticity: A certificate of authenticity (COA) is a document from an authoritative source that verifies the artwork’s authenticity. A COA should almost always be signed by the artist, authorized estate or foundation. In rarer cases, a printmaker may sign a COA.